Saturday, March 26, 2011

geek wanted

Any time I've ever started a project, I tend to get a little carried away...I should know better, yet I'm always surprised. Me? Overdo it? Um, yeah...I guess. Totally one of the reasons I don't scrapbook.  I KNOW what that project would look like and I'm telling you, I can't start it.  I had the crazy idea that it would be cool to get my random thoughts on paper...well, virtual paper, and start a blog.  Easy.  Free. It's right there...just type.  Technically, that's all that's required. Done. I'm a blogger.

However, I've got questions...deep thoughts, like the tree falling in the forest with no one to hear it, what happens to blogs that aren't followed? What the hell does it mean to be a follower? How does one follow? Do I need to tell followers I've posted something?  If I have to do that, then why follow me at all? I'll come to you.  If I'm emailing everyone I know with what is essentially a "read this" message, aren't I the one following them around, in a weird kind of way?.  If I'm posting to Facebook, why not just post it there?

Honestly, it doesn't really matter.  The point of the blog was to get it out of my head more than to get it into anyone else's, and God knows I don't say anything earth shattering.  Hell, it's barely relevant.  But still...seems like I ought to do it "right", whatever that means. I'm finding that I'm polling my friends to see if they got notifications, running little tests (my own version of "Can you hear me now?"), experimenting with different types of posts. Driving me nuts...This was SO not the point.

I've entered into a whole new world...new terms, new concepts, new stuff...and it bugs me that I don't understand it. Don't get me wrong...I don't want to actually KNOW how this all works.   I just want someone who does to give a damn and make all the right things happen.  It makes me feel old that I don't know how to "feed" or "import".  Like my parents learning how to use their TV setup, I just don't have the gumption to figure it out, but I also don't have the ability to NOT care that I haven't figured it out.  It's a pickle, really.


Gotta find me a geek. Pronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment